This post was originally published on HereWeCode.io.
Since I started to code, I’ve always been looking after tips to improve my programming skills and become a better developer. Here is what I learned from my past years of programming.
My 5 tips to do it!
1. 🎯 Establish goals for yourself.
Setting goals can boost your productivity as a developer.
Ask yourself the following questions:
• Why did you start programming?
• What are your programming goals?
• What dream do you want to achieve by becoming a developer?
2. 🔁 Let’s do it again… and again!
Once you fixed your goals, do it as much as possible!
More your practice, the more you learn.
“Repetition is the mother of learning, the father of action, which makes it the architect of accomplishment.” (Zig Ziglar – Twitter)
3. 🌐 Share what you learn/create.
It’s the best way to learn new things.
Some ideas for sharing what you do:
• Write blog articles
• Join conferences or local meetups
• Ask for feedback on StackOverflow
• Tweet your progress every day with the #100DaysOfCode hashtag
4. 📔 Read code
Everything you read about code will improve your programming skills.
It’s going to make you discover a lot!
Here what you can read:
• code on Github
5. ❓Ask questions
Don’t be shy about asking too much!
It can be helpful when you don’t understand something.
You can do it with your team or friends.
If you don’t know anyone to ask a question, use programming forums.
You can save this article and refer to it every time you need to become a better developer.
Now it’s your turn, what are your tips to improve your programming skills?
Don’t miss our last content by following my Twitter.